Monday, December 7, 2009

FB vs. Real Friends and the DISAPPOINTMENT!

FB - What does it mean to you?

Everyone on my FB list is someone I PERSONALLY know. Im not the one who adds people just to see how many friends I can get. I randomly clean out my list of people I no longer speak to or havent spoken to in ages. Yes FB is great to catch up with old friends that you havent seen or talked to in years, but saying "hey how are you" and "what have you been up to these last few years" when you add them and never speaking to them again, IS NOT CATCHING UP!!

I enjoy FB because I can keep in touch with family that live all over the world and also keep in touch with the friends, who have a busy life style.

Im the type of person who cares more about my friends and family then myself. I dont like to
disappoint the people who mean the most to me. I have try so hard to make everyone else happy, but what about me?

I have noticed all my so called friends have become just FB friends. They all claim to be my friends, and everyone wants to get together and hang out, but when something is planned, they all seem to back out at the last moment.

Since I moved to Sumter Im about an hour from the majority of my friends. I dont really get to see them as much as I would like to. But I also make a good bit of trips to Columbia, and usually about once a month I plan something to get together with everyone. When I have a get together I do it in Columbia, so my friends dont have to do all the driving.

The funny thing about FB is that is ALWAYS bust people. People dont think about it and will say hey I cant make it bc of blah blah blah, but then their spouse will say headed out with the wife to..... If your gonna tell me one thing, make sure you tell your spouse not to put it on their status that your gonna go do something else. And to be honest I dont want an explanation if you cant come. Jut say hey I cant make it.

Living in Sumter has been a long stressful journey with myself, but Im learning so much about myself, who I want to be, what I want in life, and realizing who my real friends are.

Its time I started putting myself first. Im tired of always getting disappointed by my friends and family. Not one of my friends or family members has been to my house in Sumter. I've been here 6 months and Im gonna be here another year. Then im gone. So if you want to hang out with me, surprise me. Because im done coming to you.....

Yet again, Ive been disappointed......

No comments: