Saturday, September 12, 2015

A letter to my daughter on her first birthday!

DEAR SWEET BABY GIRL,

Today, you turn ONE! I can’t hardly believe it. 
I remember the day I found out we were expecting you like it was yesterday. I was planning on telling your daddy in an elaborate and creative way, I couldn’t stop smiling. I called your Aunt Brandy right away and told her! I couldn't keep that secret very long! I could barely hold it together! When I told your daddy I wrapped up the positive test in a present with a note. He read it twice before tears filled his eyes and he understood what it meant – that we were expecting a baby... that we were expecting you. 
The next nine months were filled with a lot of emotions. I was nervous too be a mommy, but mostly anxious to meet you! When we found out you were a girl - the shopping was on! Of course I had to do a gender reveal party with friends and family - that was another secret that was extremely hard to keep - but of course your Aunt Brandy knew! 
Though I spent nine months preparing for your arrival - finishing your nursery, packing our hospital bags, and researching everything newborn & new mommy related. But I knew nothing could really prepare me for your arrival! 
When the doctors placed you in my arms I was overwhelmed with love for you. You were my perfect little angel. I became a mommy and you became my daughter! 
I think about you everyday. This has def been one of the hardest journeys I've ever had to do, but I know your watching down on us! Keeping our little family safe. I wish you could meet your little sister. She looks just like you. I know you girls would of been the best of friends. Just like me and your Aunt Brandy!! 
For your birthday we had a small get together with some of your favorite people. We wrote notes on balloons and sent them off so you could read them. We ate cupcakes and wished you happy birthday! We love you so much and miss you like crazy' I can't wait to the day I can hold you again! 





Mommy, daddy and Charleston Love you!! Happy Birthday baby girl!! 






No comments: