Monday, January 19, 2015

THIRD TRIMESTER: THE CLOCK IS TICKING AND THE BABY’S KICKING!

I know Im well past my third trimester but I've finally reached a spot in my life I can talk about it and everything after it...

Well, it happened...
Ive reached the point in my pregnancy where non of my T-shirts fit and only about three of my maternity shirts still fit. The rest are doomed to the tent effect - there's a big, gaping hole at the bottom with no hope of them actually covering my belly. But that's okay because my husbands shirts work just find around the house! .
I could go on and on about the sudden, intense rib pain and my desire to just lie around all day. Instead, I thought i'd share with you what my third trimester was like...













They say everyone's pregnancy is different and each pregnancy you have is never like the one before! I had no idea what to expect and kept an open mind...

There was a good bit of moving! I discovered Payton really went crazy after I ate something, which was an adventure in itself, because she nor I ever had a craving or desire for food!  I think Richard hated this part of my pregnancy! Don't get me wrong, I mean I ate but didnt really care for anything and I usually had to see the food to actually "want" it. 

I didn't gain too much weight through out the pregnancy - I only gained about 10 lbs. It defiantly felt way more then that. Especially when she was sitting on my blatter and all I did was sit in the bathroom because I was peeing every 5 mins.  Nights were the worst! Never got comfortable and when I did, I had to pee! I just wanted to scream! 

The third trimester was not all uncomfortable and full of pain. I had good days. Well not saying I had bad days either! Payton always moved for me. She would play with me....I'd poke my belly and she would kick back. She wanted to play at night - of course! Although I think that's a common consistency in all pregnancies. Richard had a hard time feeling her. Very rarely would she ever move for him or anyone but me!

The third trimester went by faster then I expected, but still slow at times! Doctor visits were always a breeze and super fast! I never had any real complications. Of course being my first I was a little scared and nervous. Who's not? I never knew what to expect.. Luckily I had my baby sister and best friend a phone call away to calm me down or decide if she was coming! 

Saturday September 7th was probably the worst day for me! I was just super exhausted! Me and Richard were running errands and every 5 mins I felt the need to sit down for 10 to catch my break! I felt movement but nothing like contractions - well least they didnt feel that way to me! My pain levels are different for most, so unless it was excruciating pain.. it didn't bother me much.  We had dinner with a friend who was in town and Dixie. Dixie is the one who felt my stomach after watching me during dinner and was like Bjana - Your having contractions... Im like no im not.. wait really? are you sure! Im only 37 weeks!  So we call Dr. Fisher and she said if they dont stop with in an hour... go to the hospital, they will be expecting you! So whatever they were - they never stopped. Richard and I got in car and went to the hospital! They put me on the monitor and said everything was perfectly fine and no contractions.. of course by the time we got their, whatever was going on stopped! I did let the doctor know her movements were not as strong as they usually were. They said no worries - thats normal as they have no room to move! They kept me on the monitor and after an hour they said everything looked perfect and sent me home!

I still feel like something was wrong because through out the week - her movements were very minimal! Thursday morning and 38 weeks came and we had our appointment. We were hoping to induce the following day..... 

No comments: