Monday, May 8, 2017

Letters to Emersyn - 2 Months Old

Dear Emersyn,

Time is flying by and I am so conflicted by emotion. Im overwhelmed with joy and excitement but at the same time my heart hurts everyday as you seem to grow another inch... further and further away from the tiny newborn we brought home from the hospital.

You've complete our family. We're now a party of four (five including Hera) and we feel whole. (Although I miss your sister Payton everyday and wish she was here. One day you will know all about her too). I can't wait to include you in the Mommy and Daughter things me and Charleston do. You have already adapted to being our shopping buddy and partner in crime.

I didn’t get around to writing to you on your actual 2 month birth day. Its been crazy with two babies around. This month you went from an itty, bitty, tiny newborn to a baby. I need time to freeze for a little while.
Our day started with a check-up at the doctors’s office where you weighed in at 9 pounds and 11 ounces and measured almost 22 inches long. You met all your milestones. Cooing….Check. Smiling…check. Turning to sounds….check. Following objects with your eyes…check. Although all these accomplishments are to be celebrated, Its never easy when the tray of shots enter the room. (and I have no issue when shots, needles or blood - your daddy on the other hand can not even be in the same room)

I've always thought that the second child would be easier, and whereas there are some things that are smoother, there is also knowledge. Knowledge of what happens when your baby is about to get a shot. The ensuing tears and screams. The long day of discomfort. I think the phrase "ignorance is bliss" applies to parenting your first child. Now that I know what is going to happen, there seems to be a stronger anxiety that grips my heart.

In your 2nd month in this big ole world, you have said goodbye to spring and hello to summer. The summer brings with it many traditions in our family ranging from trips to Orlando and frequent visits to the water park and even the beach. I can't wait to see how you react your first time at the beach, or even DISNEY!

Your sister has really warmed up to you. She now runs into the bedroom in the morning peeking her little eyes above the bed to see you. She cares where you are and wants to be near you all the time. She loves giving you kisses. Her hugs are more like headlocks, but this too shall pass. I hope that you share the same affection for one another as the years roll on. I desire for you girls to be the best of friends. Just like your Aunt Brandy and I.

I love watching your eyes move to the rhythm of the world, seeing you explore the room around you and learning who you are. It’s fun to witness all
your “firsts.” The next month will bring more excitement and more memories. I am beyond
blessed that I get to be your mommy.

I love you always,
Mommy






No comments: