Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Letters to Charleston - 9 Months Old

Dear Charleston,

Time is moving so quickly. Every time I turn around your a month older. Now you are 9 months old and have become this beautiful little person.

You are a curious little one - army crawling anywhere you can. I know that you won't be crawling for too much longer as you are eager to stand and become more independent. You are constantly trying to pull yourself up onto the furniture to explore new undiscovered surfaces or to simply retrieve something that had been taken away - remotes, power cords or an iPhone. You have become such a little pro in your walker. You can spend hours in that just exploring the house or sitting in front of the windows watching the outside world.

This past month has been full of adventures for you. We spent the day in Sumter celebrating Aria's first Birthday! You loved spending the day with Uncle Fred and Aunt Daysha. They def wore you out. Grandma Terri traveled to Orlando with us to celebrate Emily's baby shower. You did so good with everyone. We spent a day at Epcot, which you enjoyed hanging out in your stroller seeing the sites, but when you got hot and tired you passed out!
Your Aunt Mary and cousin Hadley , who live in Vegas even came to visit. You loved playing with Hadley. I don't think you have been around to many babies your age so you really loved playing with her. It was so cute to see you girls together.

We have your 9 month check up tomorrow with Dr. Lewis so im excited to see how much you have grown. Your still wearing 3-6 months clothes for the most part, but have been slowing working your way into 6 months clothes. Depending on the brand, some 9 month clothes fit but are too big for the most part.

Life is filled with distractions and now with you, I have a clear direction and purpose. When I look at you I am filled with a love I have never felt before. Don't get me wrong, I love your daddy, but a mothers love for her baby girl is indescribable and magical. You are teaching me every day to be more patient, live in the moment and embrace the time we have been given to share together before you are all grown up and ready to discover the world on your own. Because as much as I don't want to think about it now, there will be a time when I won't see you every day.
I know you are going to do great things in life. You re already such and incredible little lady and I will support you and help you to grow to be everything you want to become. I will cherish all the moments I get to enjoy with you. I love you beyond measures, and I am honored that I was chosen to be your mother.

You have already taught me so much about what it means to be patient and selfless. But I want you to know more than anything, that you are loved. By so many. No matter how many times I say it, or how many ways i try to write about it, you will never realize how truly loved you are until you have a child of your own to hold in your arms.

With all of my love,
Mommy!


No comments: